Climatic Environmental Capability
- Climatic Environmental Capability
It is unknown where a suspect device could be, so you need to be ready for all scenarios. It may be necessary to work in dark, light, wet, dry, hot, cold and dusty conditions.
- Normal Light Conditions, Daylight
- Mini ROV has 5 colour cameras that work in all normal light levels.
- When aiming barrelled disruptors you will need to be able to judge distances accurately for maximum disruptive effect, and Mini ROV’ laser aiming system viewed through the cameras will allow this.
- Low Light Conditions
- If you progress into a darker space, Mini ROV’ cameras automatically switch to low light mode without the need to activate the lights.
- Very Low Light Conditions
- If you proceed into a very dark space, then Mini ROV’ cameras integrated bright white LED lights can be switched on, varying their intensity if required.
- If you don’t want bright lights, Mini ROV has Infra-Red lights that can be used instead.
- Heavy rain, damp or very humid conditions should not stop your ability to use your robot.
- Mini ROV is fully waterproof to IP65 and can cope with the most arduous and sustained wet conditions, including hosing down and even the use of a pressure washer.
- But resistance to rain and humidity are not the only reasons to need a waterproof robot. You will need to clean your robot and be confident that the cleaning process will not cause any damage.
- Mini ROV’ ruggedised design allows cleaning with hot and cold low pressure water, steam, and detergents, without wear, deterioration, or damage.
- Safety is paramount and Mini ROV’ low operating voltage of 24V ensures this.
- A physical emergency stop is fitted to the robot and control unit and it is also possible to send an emergency stop signal from the control unit to the robot which will instantly immobilise the robot by physically disconnecting the batteries.
- Cleaning and decontamination of batteries is simple due to their sealed design.
- Temperatures vary widely around the world, and you need to be sure that your robot will work when it’s very cold or very hot. Some areas of Eastern Europe for example can vary in temperature throughout the year from -32ºC to +49ºC. Mini ROV’ ruggedised design has been carefully considered for these temperature extremes, and independently tested for the extremes of temperature. You can be sure that these environments will not limit your mission.
- But what about hot beating down sun? Heat is not the only problem in hot climates. An often overlooked climatic condition is solar radiation which can even occur on cold days. Bright sunlight, even on cold days, can generate temperature extremes and these must also be catered for. Mini ROV has been designed to cope with this solar radiation as well as simply hot conditions.
- Corrosion, often enhanced by extreme temperatures and heat must not be a restricting factor.
- Although a robot may be able to resist heat and water, over a period of time this can lead to corrosion.
- Mini ROV is manufactured from corrosion resistant materials and finishes including a chemical agent resistant paint coating (CARC), stainless steel and titanium, all materials highly resistant to long term corrosion including in salt laden atmospheres such as harbours and quays.
- But resistant to climatic corrosion may not be your only concern. You may need resistance to chemicals as well. Yet again, Mini ROV’ choice of paint finishes and materials offers maximum protection against chemical attack.
- Please contact us for more detailed information of chemical resistance.
Sand and Dust Resistance
- Sand, dust and particles, becoming abrasive due to heavy winds, and over a sustained period, can present a significant risk to the operation of your robot.
- Mini ROV’ ruggedised design has been optimised to cope with these harsh environments and independently tested to IP65 proving it can withstand these conditions.
- If you need to work in a potentially explosive gas environment, Mini ROV has an optional explosive gas detector. This will detect if Mini ROV has entered an explosive atmosphere and report a warning back to the operator.
- The operator then has the choice to either fully shutdown Mini ROV which will completely disconnect the batteries and remove any risk of explosion due to electrical spark, continue with the mission or return to the control point. If the user chooses to continue with the mission, the warning will remain active until the explosive risk has gone away.